Chair for Research and Teaching Unit for School Education and Instructional Research
Prof. Dr. Michaela Gläser-Zikuda
The Research and Teaching Unit for School Education and Instructional Research is responsible for the teachings in the branch school pedagogy for all students pursuing the teaching profession at the FAU, that is for primary-, grammar-, secondary modern school and Gymnasium.
The chair is also responsible for the module „Quality development in institutions of education“ in the pedagogics master degree programm pedagogic empiric educational research.
The chairs main focus lies on the empiric teaching – learning research as well as educational research for teacher education and academical research.
Main research focusses are:
- emotion, motivation and interest in the teaching – learning context
- well being and health
- formative methods for pedagogic diagnostic
- design of innovative and medial supportet learning environments
- teaching competences
- research in teacher education
- quality of internships in teacher education
- pedagogic – didactic intervention research
- qualitative content analysis and mixed Methods
The chair is responsible for the education in the branch school pedagogy for all teaching profession programs at the FAU:
- school pedagogic modules in all teaching profession programs (also available as Bachelor programm B. Ed.) for primary, middle, secondary modern school and Gymnasium
- internship monitoring and mentoring for the primary and middle school programs
- mentoring for all admission thesis‘ in all teaching profession programs
- monitoring and mentoring in the master’s degree programm Gymnasium (M.Ed certificate)
- student advisory service for primary and middle school program
- educational science – school pedagogic module for the master’s degree program
- mentoring for all master thesis‘ in all pedagogical master’s degree programs at the FAU